February 2, 2011

Do You Know Oprah?

Dear Tom Selleck . . .

By now, I feel like you and I are getting pretty tight.  Sssooo . . . I'm calling in a favor.  I need you to get this note to Oprah Winfrey.  Remember all that, "I'm Tom fucking Selleck!" you've been practicing?  Well, now is when you put your money where your mouth is.

Oprah and I had a little falling out and I feel really badly about it now so have to make restitution in order to move forward.  I realize you may not be close enough friends just to forward this to her on the Twitter or the Blackberry or whatever it is you celebrity types do, but I was thinking maybe you could at least print it out and keep it folded in your wallet to pass to her when you bump into her at the next Big Event.  I hear there are several coming up soon.

Dear Ms. Winfrey,

I am sincerely sorry for boycotting you after the whole Jenny McCarthy thing.  I like Jenny.  Just not as a spokesperson for Autism.  I recently saw you had put her to work doing what it is she does best - being funny, being real, being a people person.  I hope we can forget about my little tantrum and someday just laugh about this.

I also wanted to congratulate you on your new network.  I am hooked on Behind the Scenes and have fallen in love with your staff.  Not in a weird way, just the kind of way that makes me want to go out for drinks with them.  It has also given me a fresh, new perspective and higher level of respect for you.  I like you dammit.  And I don't care who knows.

I am also a lover of Master Class.  It is the perfect show for me right now.  As a matter of fact, it was during the Maya Angelou episode that I made my final decision to leave my corporate job and take a leap of faith toward happiness and fulfillment.  Talk about life changing!

So now that we have this behind us, I look forward to a rewarding future.  I am a thinking girl, an ideas girl if you will, and have a few for you if you're interested.  Happy belated birthday and best wishes to you, your staff, Gayle, Stedman, and the dogs.  You rock.

true story.

Edie B. Kuhl

What do you think?  Too much?  Too soon?  Too mushy?  Get it to her anyway.  Please.  And thank you.  At least have your people get it to her people.  I just have a person, Beth.  So her people can contact my person, who can get her to me

true story.

Edie B. Kuhl

4 comments:

  1. I completely back you on not supporting Jenny McCarthy's stance on vaccines & autism. Oprah should respect you for throwing a tantrum.

    But I'm glad you don't throw the Oprah out with the bathwater like many do when she screws something up. She does a lot of good interesting stuff too! And anyone with her hands in as many topics as Oprah can't possibly get everything right, much less please everyone.

    If she doesn't forgive you, I'll have a word with her.

    -S

    ReplyDelete
  2. I respect you naming your people. People need to know who they are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Word. Jenny's autism diatribe really didn't sit well with me either. Plus, I thought she had on too much eye make-up. That bothered me a little too, but not as much as the self appointed vaccine expert thing..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stacey - No one's perfect. Not even me. :) Thanks for having my back!

    KLZ - Absolutely! Let the people be named!

    Sunny - I'm over the autism thing, but the eye make-up still gives me heartburn.

    ReplyDelete

Hit me with your best shot.