February 11, 2011

It's Hard To Be Humble

Dear Tom Selleck . . .

I'm sure you can relate to the way it feels to have people tell you how great you are all of the time.  It never gets old, does it?  I was just coming off of my high from winning The Super Blog Bowl MVP Award and got hit with another award!  TRUE STORY!  Look-see:


Do you think this is what it will feel like to win an Oscar for our movie AND a Grammy for our soundtrack someday?

Miss Nikki at My Cyber House Rules has bestowed this honor on me and there are rules, but before we get to those I want to tell you a few things about Nikki Rules.  She's not just a great blogger, she's a great person.  And she's not just a great person, she's a great friend.  You will soon learn that I don't throw around the word 'friend' casually.

A few months ago I was a girl in need and she came to my rescue.  Seems like a simple thing friends do for one another, right?  But here's the kicker . . . We have never met!  We've never even spoken on the phone!  (mostly because I hate the phone, but I'll address that with the shrink and not you)  She jumped into my world head first and has never left.  She has done more for me in a few months than I can ever thank her for.

Aaannnd . . . she puts up with me.  That is NOT easy!  I'm weird and cranky quirky and . . . well, cranky.  She has this superhuman ability to sort through all of the shit in my brain and turn it into beautiful, wonderful things.  We share some sort of universal connection that doesn't come along very often.  I'm pretty sure if and when we ever meet, we won't have to speak - just read one another's minds.

So she's awesome.  Now let's talk about me again.

The rules of this award are to share 5 of my favorite things.  I'll try not to say my hair.

Five of My Favorite Things:

  1. My Hair.  Coffee.  I drink coffee all day every day.  The way to my heart is through a good cup of joe.
  2. My Hair.  Music.  I have music on all of the time.  Never ask me to pick a favorite song, artist, or even genre.  I just can't choose.  I love it all!  I especially love whipping my hair around to a good tune.
  3. My Hair.  Driving.  If I could, I would drive on every road in the world.  I still get a thrill every time I fire up the Joy Jeep, even if I'm only circling the block.  I can't wait for spring so I can roll down the windows and let my hair fly.
  4. My Hair.  Gas Stations.  I hate the way people rush in and out of them and rarely look around.  Gas stations have the best little treasures to uncover.  Like the 'pull my finger' farting pen I bought Miss Thing once.
  5. My Hair.  Bath Nights.  There is nothing better than a long, hot, candlelit bath with music blaring and a big girl drink to wash the day away.  I have one slated for this weekend, along with a hot oil treatment for my hair.
true story.

Edie B. Kuhl

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Also, very darn funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so sweet! Be my buttercup...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat - Thanks! I checked you out and am doing the I'm not worthy bow.

    Jules - I know, right?!

    Nikki - Any time sweet pea . . . (ok, now I'm grossing myself out)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vittoria - One more reason to love you. Want to road trip?

    ReplyDelete

Hit me with your best shot.