December 31, 2011

My Mission . . . Should I Choose to Accept It

Dear Tom Selleck . . .

There are less than 90 minutes left in 2011.  It was quite a year.  And that's all I'm going to say about it for now.  Because now - NOW - now this very moment I am looking ahead to 2012.  I don't want to look much beyond the next 90 minutes though because one of my resolutions part of my mission statement is to focus more on the NOW.

I don't make resolutions, Tom.  I write mission statements.  I usually write a mission statement every birthday, but failed to do so this year.  Not that I'm a failure.  Because I am far from it - if I do say so myself.  Now seems as good of time as any to write a new mission statement, so here goes:
My mission for the coming year is to be more present in the moment by not over-analyzing every past event and worrying about every upcoming perceived problem.  LIVE in the NOW.  Not only will I live with NO REGRETS, but also live without WHAT IFS encircling me.  I will be GRATEFUL for everything I have EVERYDAY and not concern myself with what I do not have.  I will focus on building a better me, a better career, a better life EVERYDAY.  I won't just feel the MAGIC, but share it.
I know that sounds really cheesy, but I'm the girl who still believes in fairy tales and motivational posters from the 80s and 90s.  Also, I've decided to go to church on occasion this year.  Strictly for research purposes.  I'll explain more later.

Oh!  One more thing for the list:  my book.  I'm going to start it.  So you better get your ass in gear on that movie deal.  Happy New Year Tom!

true story.

Edie B. Kuhl

2 comments:

  1. So funny - I made some goals for 2012 and was adamant that they NOT be referred to as resolutions. Love your mission statement. And so glad you're going to write that book. Happy New Year! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacey - Happy New Year! Cheers to mission statements!

    ReplyDelete

Hit me with your best shot.