March 16, 2012

Clear Blue Easy

Dear Tom Selleck . . .

You're probably wondering how I responded when the sailor asked me to have a baby with him.  After telling him I had my tubes tied five years ago and some awkwardness, we still decided to think about the options.  I told him to google it and email me later and I would freak-out and obsess over it do a little research and think about things.

When I wrote to you yesterday, I really didn't know the right answer.  But after a visit to the shrink, multiple discussions with each of my friends, a lot of googling, a call to my OB/GYN, some soul searching, and a baby that projectile vomited in front of me at the grocery . . . I decided babies are for other people - not for me.  Not for us.

I haven't broken the news to him yet.  It truly was a pleasure just to be nominated!

I have no reservations about sharing my decision with him, but I am a little nervous about what I'm about to propose to him.  I shouldn't be, but I am.  I wonder if this is how he felt.

He's currently a teacher.  I'm going to ask him to come and stay with me this summer.  If at any time either of us decides it's not working, he leaves - no hard feelings.  But . . . We just may find neither of us want him to ever leave.  Then we work on our next big plan.

Wish me luck.

true story.

Edie B. Kuhl

3 comments:

  1. Clear blue easy, bwahahaha!

    I'm not wishing you good luck, bad things usually ensue when I wish that. Instead, I'm going with the prolific saying from my ex - the actor: break a leg. Or as he would actually say "merde" which is shit. But also the equivalent of break a leg. Ever wonder why French people smell? They wish shit upon each other on a daily basis. And then shit happens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. p.s. I'm french. I can say that. But if you call my peeps smelly or stinky, better watch out bitch! wink-wink (or should I say le wink-le wink)

      Delete
    2. I am terrified of your smelly stinky peeps!

      Delete

Hit me with your best shot.