March 15, 2012

Oh Baby

Dear Tom Selleck . . .

Remember the sailor?

Seemingly out of the blue, I received an email from him last Friday.

Him:  There's a movie out called 'Friends with Kids'.

(I hurriedly go watch the trailer and freak out a little - or a lot - for a million reasons.)

Me:  I got asked out on a date tonight.

No response, so I try again.

Me:  I told him to ask me again on Tuesday.  Did you take a date to see the movie?  Maybe mine will take me.  Looks intriguing.  But if this is some sort of metaphor, we need to put on our big boy and girl pants and talk about it.  If so, call me.  I'm not going anywhere until at least Tuesday.

Him:  My cousin is getting married and we're having a bachelor party this weekend.  If I survive, I'll call you.

waiting
Saturday
waiting
Sunday
waiting
Monday
waiting
Tuesday
waiting
Wednesday
waiting

Me:  It's Wednesday.

He called.

He asked me to have a baby with him.

true story.

Edie B. Kuhl

7 comments:

  1. Well, THAT was left field. Now, what was your response? (I kid...ohhh, um, no pun intended).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! As soon as I figure out the right answer, I'll let you know.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. We'll name it Nikki of course.

      Delete
    2. I know you left a comment on 'There's a Smoking Section In Heaven' and now it's gone. Gone. Weird.

      Delete
    3. My comment disappeared? How odd. Your grandma didn't like it. She is connected now... creepy! Ask her how I can improve my ends? My hair has odd looking ends.

      Delete
    4. Gran has one foot in and one foot out. Totally stuck between worlds. It's powerful and creepy at times. I'll ask her to ask my dad.

      Delete

Hit me with your best shot.