March 7, 2012

What Are You Drinking?

Dear Tom Selleck . . .

I had to get a jobby job job.  Seems this non-profit business can be less than profitable and there are always WAY more expenses than cash.  I just need a little walking money to keep my hooptie running.  So I'm slinging beers.  And I LOVE it!  I rarely drink, hate beer, don't know a damn thing about wine, and couldn't mix a slippery nipple if my life depended on it.  But that's our little secret, Tom.

The only thing that matters is my passion and personality and great hair of course.  It certainly doesn't hurt that I can bullshit with the best of them.  And flirt.  And listen.  Oh!  And I'm funny!  Some may call me quirky.  Even a little ditzy at times.  But definitely charming and brilliant.  Sometimes cocky, but more often confident.  I even had a little 'experience' from 15 years ago.  Plus I used to run two continents for a fortune 500 company.

It only makes sense that I'm the best damn bartender there ever was at this pub place that serves a lot of beers.  This is the kind of place beer snobs thrive on.  And I don't know a thing.  Not a damn thing!  But I always start with an introduction:  (hand outstretched)  Hi!  I'm Edie, but you can call me the new girl.

And then . . . Whether someone wants a lager, an ale, a stout, an IPA, a wheat, or a porter recommendation I just give the same answer:  Have you tried our Kentucky Bourbon Ale?  Some cock their heads, but most have not tried it, so I give them a taste and 99% of them buy a very expensive, very small glass of it.

Who's a beer snob now?!

I don't know whether people think I'm an idiot or an even BIGGER beer snob who just trumped them. But they tip me well.

You want a what?  A black and tan?  Ok, but I'm going to make it a little differently than you've ever had it but I will use black-ish and tan-nish colored beers.  Trust me?  And they do . . . every time!  It may look nothing like a black and tan and taste like nothing you've ever had before, but you will love it.  And pay a lot for it.  I promise.

If nothing else, I will just look awkwardly cute while I pull on the tap.  Or the keg.  Or whatever that big beer handle spout thing is called.

true story.

Edie B. Kuhl

10 comments:

  1. Awesome! This sounds way more fun than your former corporate life. And you definitely have the personality and hair for it.

    I don't drink beer, but if I lived nearby I'd come by and tell you all my troubles. You do know you need a minor in psych to be a bartender, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a ton of fun! Psych was one of many majors I never finished but use ALL of the time. Wish you could belly up to my bar!

      Delete
  2. OOH! Sounds like so much fun! Good for you and of course they love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS!!! This is like my dream job!

      Delete
  3. I wish you would!!! But please just order a bottle of Bud. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now you can combine your great hair and need to upkeep it and your new job: beer on hair is good. Or so I hear. But me, I just drink it, so shut up and pour me one please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have noticed a new shine and glow to my lovely locks. I long for the day I can pour you one!

      Delete
    2. Mexico is cheap!!! Cheap! Cheap! Cheap! :)
      p.s. howdyalike my bird imitation?

      Delete

Hit me with your best shot.