February 2, 2013

We Both Know How It Ends

Dear Tom Selleck . . .

I saw you on TV last night.  Twice.  I tried not to watch, but was only able to skip over your first appearance.  I couldn't ignore you the second time you swaggered into my living room late last night.

I'm writing a storybook and am almost done with the first draft of my first story!  I have not written the ending.  Even though I know how it ends.  I.  Just.  Cannot.  Write it out loud.  Just can't.  I can't even say it out loud to my BFF, Beth.  Just can't.

But I have said it out loud.  To the universe.  It was a silly little late night double-dog dare.  I didn't really mean it.  Did I?  Or did I?  Dammit.  I hate when I do that.

And then you popped up on my TV last night.  Without your mustache.  Now, I have to write the ending to it.

true story.

Edie B. Kuhl

2 comments:

  1. I don't think I'm able to commit to writing an entire book. My attention span is too short for that. You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't commit to an entire book either. One story at a time . . . ;)

      Delete

Hit me with your best shot.